Tuesday 19 April 2011

I heart Shakespeare

As I take time to process everything I learnt with Ross last week I find myself filled with such gratitude for these teachings and the profound way they can make shifts in an instant. There are a few themes coming through, which I’ll be savouring and exploring over the next few weeks, months, years, decades.

However, there’s a quote from Hamlet which keeps arising which keeps coming up for me. I’m a total Shakespeare geek, almost to the same extent as I’m a yoga geek, I just love the poetry and am constantly blown away by how relevant the words are today and how much the characters resonate. So the quote which keeps coming up goes:

Hamlet: ...There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159–167

Or, to put it another way: I don’t know. There is such freedom in these words. Somehow, when I started letting go of the assumption that I needed to know everything my capacity for learning took off. Coming at everything with a fresh pair of eyes, a new perspective opens all kinds of doors and makes everything possible. It’s very, very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment