Tuesday 6 September 2011

The big and the ugly

I think one of the biggest lessons I’ve learnt recently, or in all honesty, had thrust upon me is that I’m a big girl and I’m strong enough to do this myself. Sure, I have unbelievable support at the touch of a button and every day I’m grateful for this. However, the fact is that once you know what’s in your heart, what your Dharma or path is it’s really only down to one person to make it happen. You. I read a quote today which I know is going to help me “don’t give up the beginning is always the hardest”. I think it’s the hardest because we never know where it’s going to end.
It’s our natural reaction to want to know how everything turns out so that we know we’re on the right road. However, as it says in the Bhaghavad Gita that’s not our business (yes, I am paraphrasing). Our business is to put in our best effort, to stay steady to our truth and then let it go. It’s really hard. Then again, what other choice do we have? If we don’t enjoy the journey then we miss it. I’m determined to enjoy my journey, and that includes, the fear, disappointment, nervousness, elation, joy, bliss. All of it, it’s all my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment