Wednesday 13 July 2011

Shakti surfing

After all the excitement of Sianna’s workshop I’ve continued in that vein and been hit by a huge wave of Shakti directly from across the channel, it’s been somewhat overwhelming. A load of my friends and colleagues were in Geneva to study with John Friend, the founder of Anusara Yoga. I was pretty glum I wasn’t going but felt my place was in London at this time. So I begged my friends to keep me in touch with what was happening so I got a little drop of whatever they were getting in Switzerland. I totally got that and some, so much love coming in waves at me all week I was feeling lifted aloft by the Kula I could barely keep it in.

I haven’t extracted every last ounce from my friends about that training but whatever they got I definitely got a hit of it too. So I talk about Kula a lot, it’s my big thing at the moment I guess. To be around people who just get you is pretty incredible, no questions, no judgment, just it is what it is. Pretty much you don’t even need to tell your story, it doesn’t matter you get the love anyway. I’m a very lucky and happy girl :)

This idea of connection always leads me back to the beautiful concept of Indra's net. This Buddhist theory posits that we are all interlinked across the earth, each person a node linked to all others through all of our relationships. Where the stronger each node is, the stronger the net is:
"Imagine a multidimensional spider's web in the early morning covered with dew drops. And every dew drop contains the reflection of all the other dew drops. And, in each reflected dew drop, the reflections of all the other dew drops in that reflection. And so ad infinitum. That is the Buddhist conception of the universe in an image." -Alan Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment