Monday 29 August 2011

Bringing the inside out

Most days I feel like I’m a pretty lucky girl. However, today, I feel even more fortunate. I’ve been studying with my teacher in Copenhagen for a week. There are so many things that I’ve learnt that it’s going to take a substantial amount of time for me to process them, probably a lifetime. I guess that’s why they call it a process. I suspect that each time someone asks me what I’ve learnt I’ll come up with something different. I’ve received so much that I want to share, it really is my Dharma to share it. That’s why today especially I feel like the world’s luckiest lady.

We talked a lot about the transformative power of yoga. Every person in that room has felt it, the sense of tapping into something far greater than ourselves, then being uplifted by those currents. We were all on the same page, it was honestly beautiful. However, the idea of how to express that to those around us is somehow more tricky. That’s where the work comes in, on our mats, cushions and in life. How do we take what we’ve felt and make this real for someone else. I’ve felt it, so I know it’s there, I’ve felt created it in my own practice, now my challenge is start to express it to others with authenticity, from my heart. It’s practice, a work in progress and I hope I’ll never be done with it. I’m pretty excited about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment