Thursday 26 May 2011

Everything and nothing


Once you’re been practicing for a while there comes a point at which you commit a little more strongly, want to go a little bit deeper and start to enquire a little bit more. I reckon it’s at that point when you tip over the edge a bit and something else, something way more important than anything else starts to come into play. It’s at that moment when your life is never going to be the same.

I caught myself saying “yoga’s changed my life” yesterday and I meant it, completely, from the base of my heart (Anusara gag there for the geeks). Thing is, now I know what it means, it’s not quite how I’d have described it if I had to project forward a couple of years and say how my life would be different because of yoga. I guess that’s because externally not that much has changed, I still live in Hertfordshire, I still live in the same house, with the same partner and yet everything’s changed. Everything.

It’s only when I take a moment to reflect back that you see this and realise how different my whole outlook on life is now that even a few months ago. It’s not to say that stuff doesn’t come along to trip me up but now that doesn’t keep me down for weeks on end, I know how to deal with it and move on. The inner monologue which was so prevalent in telling me everywhere I was going wrong is quieter and not so insistent and the Self is there to put it in line when it needs to. It’s pretty special, get on your mat and see J

No comments:

Post a Comment